It's the school holidays again and we got you covered with a massive list of things to do with the kids! Rediscover Singapore for tons of fun every weekend!
Don't go wrecking your brain (or your spouse's) for what to do this school holiday! Let us help you with a list of fun and exciting activities and experiences for the entire family!
In fact, bookmark this page, and use it for every weekend that you are trying to create your next fun family memory! I promise the kids will love you for it!
*This article includes affiliate links and exclusive promotions and listings from our merchants and partners
1. Go on a Family Staycation
Photo Credit: Klook
Changing the environment can have a massive and positive impact on your mood! That's why we suggest taking the whole family out for a staycation! While you are still in Singapore, the family can still get excited about the king-sized bed, bathtub, swimming pool, room service and generally being away from the normal!
We have prepared a list of family-friendly staycation packages for you to consider, including packages with playtime and attraction tickets thrown in! Or you may wish to read about these 13 Amazing Kids-Friendly Family Staycation Spots!
2. Indoor Playground Fun
Photo Credit: SMIGY
Most kids will love the indoor playgrounds! While we encourage parents to join in the fun, indoor playgrounds are also useful for letting parents take a breather after a day of parenting too!
Don't know any indoor playgrounds near you? Here's a massive list of indoor playgrounds with opening hours, pricing and address to get you started or below for write-ups of places that we have been to!
- SMIGY @ PLQ Mall
- PLAY! by KinderPlay @ Changi Airport Terminal 3
- Kiztopia @ Marina Square
- SuperPark @ Suntec City
- T-Play @ HomeTeamNS Khatib
You may also check out thevarious promotions that we have with our partnering play venues!
3. Arcade and VR Fun For The Family
If your kids are slightly older and indoor playgrounds are too kiddish, you may wish to consider heading to the arcade or VR play experiences instead! Take this time to bond with your children over a huge dose of excitement and fun for the entire family!
To help you save while you play, you may consider purchasing the family package for New World Arcade at Marina Square and 313@Somerset, head down to the unique Amazing Castle @ Bugis+ or to purchase tokens to Fat Cat Arcade on Klook to enjoy a discount!
- New World Arcade Family Package @ $80 (U.P. $170)
- Amazing Castle Package @ 50% Off
- Fat Cat Arcade Tokens from $10
4. Have A Family Bowling Competition
Photo Credit: Forte Bowl
We know that families can get competitive - be it between siblings, between spouses, or even between parent and child! How about having a bowling competition to resolve all the tension in a friendly manner!
Here are 11 Family-friendly Bowling Alleys for families to have bowling fun! Or check out the promotions that we have listed below!
- Forte Bowling: 1 Hr Unlimited Bowling @ $23
- Forte Bowling: $30 Bowling Credits @ $20
- Singapore Bowling: 1 Hr Unlimited Bowling for 2 Pax @ $25 (U.P. $35)
- Singapore Bowling: 1 Hr x 2 Lanes Unlimited Bowling for 5 Pax @ $50 (U.P. $70)
5. Get Arty With The Kids
Photo Credit: Cafe de Paris
Express your creativity with your kids this holiday! Take part in an unguided art jamming session at one of the many art studios islandwide, the best part - not having to clean up after that! Enjoy the following promotions on BYKidO
- $20 Off 3-hr Art Jamming session with a drink (U.P. $48) at Arteastiq
- 3-hr Art Jamming session for 2 with 2 free drinks at $47 (U.P. $110) at Cafe de Paris
- 3-hr Art Jamming session for 2 with free-flow drinks at $38 (U.P. $120) at MuzArt East Coast, Sengkang and Jurong West
For guided sessions for the kids, purchase these from Artzillion, 2 Acrylic Painting on Canvas Sessions @ $70 (U.P. $100) and 2 Mixed Media Creative Art Sessions @ $52 (U.P. $100). Available at Crown Centre, The Midtown or Lucky Heights.
6. Create Something Together
Photo Credit: Craftsforgreen
There are many parent and child workshops happening around the island, from baking to craft, take your pick and spend quality time creating something together with your little one. We cannot promise products will last forever, but we guarantee the memories will!
If you need some suggestions, we list a number below for your consideration!
- Fancy a parent and child baking workshop with Genius R Us? They are running a limited-time promotion for Parent & Child Baking Workshop @ just $50 (U.P. $75).
- Create your own Mossarium at home with Craftsforgreen's Open Mossarium DIY Kit @ $37, including delivery or visit The Green Capsule, with Kids Terrarium Workshops from just $15!
- Purchase reusable silicon colouring mats from local brands Our Button Nose or from Dawnby: from just $20.90!
- If you remain undecided, you may wish to consider the Mummy and Baby Bundle from Epic Workshops that comes with a Terrarium making set, clay art figurine making it and an art experience kit @ $88.
7. Visit An Attraction and Rediscover Singapore
If all else fails, why not just head out to these attractions and create your family fun at these venues! Get your tickets from Klook (valid for the SingapoRediscover Vouchers) to discover discounts and exclusive promotions too!
- Universal Studios Singapore
- S.E.A Aquarium
- NERF Action Xperience
- ArtScience Museum
- The Luge
- Mega Zip
8. Bring The Kids Out For A Fun Meal
Photo Credit: Coastes
Many people know Singapore as a gastronomical melting pot but did you know that there are also lots of family-friendly restaurants waiting to be discovered! Here's a list of 8 restaurants with open spaces to allow the kids to run amok too!
Bring out the bicycles, scooters, and let the kids go zooming around while you sit back and relax!
9. Go On A Nature Walking Hike
Explore these 11 family-friendly walking trails this weekend with your family! Discover the hidden parts of Singapore and reconnect with nature, while spending time with the family. Do dress comfortably with proper walking shoes and don't forget to bring along water and insect repellant too!
10. Explore a New Outdoor Playground
It doesn't matter if you are in North, South, East or West, Singapore is home to the a massive number of outdoor playgrounds! From sand play to water play, from climbing structures to inclusive ones, there will be something for everyone!
If you are seeking only the best, here's our list of the top 10 outdoor playgrounds in Singapore! Note these down, and start exploring!
Which of these will you be doing this weekend? Tell us in the comments below!