Fire Station Open Houses are back! Here's a look at what to expect when you visit the Central Fire Station for the Fire Station Open House!
Venue: Selected Fire Stations. Details below.
Date: Every Saturday, 9.00am to 9.50am and 10.00am to 10.50am
Admission: FREE (walk-in, registration only required for groups of more than 10)
The Fire Station Open House has been an ongoing hit with parents, especialy for the younger ones who will get a first-hand inside look at the happenings at the fire station! Families can choose to visit physically at participating fire stations or go on a virtual tour. We definitely recommend a physical visit!
What Can You Expect At A Visit
Below are details of our visit in 2018 (wow, that is a long time ago). We brought a group of 20 parents and 15 little ones to the Central Fire Station to meet the firefighters and paramedics, and learn more on how SCDF responds to emergencies!
Read below our experience and further down for the Open House details.
Our Visit To The Central Fire Station
We visited when our child was 5 years old and when he was very into being a fire fighter - in fact, he wanted to be a Power Ranger Saver, and this trip proved to be a WOW experience for him! We highly recommend a visit for kids between 3 to 8 years old.
Once you enter, you will get to join the tour lead by one of the senior officer. He will share more about the fire-fighting and paramedic equipment or you can simply roam around and explore the public areas of the station by yourself. We do recommend following the tour as there will be plenty of insights shared and more knowledge to be learned.
Apart from just listening, you will also have the opportunity to take photos with the firefighters in full suit, as well as try on the suit as well. There will be equipment for you to touch and hands-on with AND you can climb onto a fire engine for a photo too! It is truly an experience suited for both parents and children!
The visit will end with a fire-fighting demonstration. Selected visitors (including children) will also participate in the demonstration too. There will also be a corner where you can hands-on a firehose and experience holding onto the hose as the water comes gushing out!
Our visit was to the Central Fire Station and we recommend that you visit this particular station as you get to visit the Civil Defence Heritage Gallery located within the station too! And yes, the entire experience is FREE!
Fire Stations That Will Be Having Open House
Note that most (but not all) fire stations are open to visits. Below is the list of fire stations that you can visit
- Alexandra Fire Station (3 Queensway S149073)
- Ang Mo Kio Fire Station (2874 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9 S569783)
- Bishan Fire Station (1 Marymount Lane S574029)
- Bukit Batok Fire Station (80 Bukit Batok Road S658072) *currently unavailable
- Central Fire Station (62 Hill Street S179367)
- Changi Fire Station (491 Upper Changi Road S468965)
- Clementi Fire Station (Commonwealth Avenue West S129577)
- Jurong Fire Station (22 Jurong West Street 26, S648126)
- Kallang Fire Station (2 Guillemard Close, S397623)
- Marina Bay Fire Station (70 Marina View, S018962)
- Paya Lebar Fire Station (91 Ubi Avenue 4, S408827)
- Punggol Fire Station (151 Punggol Central S828727)
- Sengkang Fire Station (50 Buangkok Drive S545064)
- Tampines Fire Station (1 Tampines Industrial Avenue 3 S528777)
- Tuas Fire Station (7 Tuas Road S638483)
- Woodlands Fire Station (1 Woodlands Industrial Park D Street 2 S738782)
- Yishun Fire Station (533 Yishun Industrial Park, A S768774)
Tips and Details
We have not visited the fire station since our last visit, so this might be a little dated but below are some tips that we learned from previous experiences.
- You cannot park at the Fire Station: Yes, we tried to turn into the Central Fire Station in our first visit and was immediately turned away. We suspect you will not be allowed to park at any of the fire station. For those visiting Central Fire Station, you may try to park at Funan (across the street) or turn into Armenian Street and park at the Registry of Marriages
- Bring spare clothes for the kids: They may get wet from the fire fighting demonstration, so a spare set of clothing will be useful to have.
- Visit the Central Fire Station at least once: We repeat this again - the Central Fire Station has the added benefit of having the heritage gallery that you can visit after the open house.
Dates & Time
The fire stations' visits are open to the public every Saturday in two time slots – from 9.00am to 9.50am and 10.00am to 10.50am. You can simply walk in, but you are also recommended to make a booking here.
For more information, you can refer to the SCDF website.