Have a fun and sporty time with your little ones kayaking in Singapore! Here's a guide to kayaking in Singapore with your family!
There are many outdoor activities that we can engage in with our family. We have introduced bicycle rentals for cycling across the island, family friendly hiking spots, restaurants with big open spaces, and even heritage trials suitable for families. Today, we like to bring you into the waters with the ultimate guide to kayak in Singapore - from where to kayak to where to rent kayaks!
Do you need a certification or license to kayak?
Firstly, you may be wondering if you need a certification or license to kayak, and the answer is no. Sit on top kayaks are good for beginners and there is no need for certification. These are suitable for families and most have a min. age of 7 yrs old (although an adult needs to share the double sit on top kayak). The specifics differs from vendor and you can check before booking.
If you are looking to advance your skills, you can also go on a certification course and you will be able to rent a closed-deck kayak, which usually requires a min. of 1 star certification.
1. Kayak Fishing Fever
Venue: Multiple venues
Timing: Anytime of the day (morning, afternoon and night)
Min. Age: 7 yrs old
Price: from $149
New Users Promotion: $129 for min. 4 pax weekday booking (Use Promo Code: NEW20)
Kayak Fishing Fever offers several kayaking tours around the island, including the Sandy Shores Sentosa, sailing through the Mangroves in Ubin, Sunset/Night Kayak Fishing and more! These kayaking tours are guided by Fever’s professional guides for the maximum fun (and safe) adventure!
Sounds interesting? Here’s a list of tours suitable for families!
- Sentosa Kayak Fishing: On this beginner’s tour, you’ll fish along the shores of Sentosa where you may catch a glimpse of a hawksbill sea turtle or even hear the screams of the bungee jumpers. The 4 to 6km tour caters to any fitness level and starts from Tanjong beach, combing the shoreline of the 3 beaches of Sentosa for deep-sea and coastal structures for bottom fishes.
- East Coast Kayak Fishing: Known as The Playground, this an easy 2 to 4km route and is perfect for anyone new to fishing or kayak fishing. Families will learn everything you need to know about kayak fishing on the gentle waves and currents of The Playground.
- Kayak Sailing: Experience the first and only kayak sailing tour in Singapore with no sailing knowledge needed! The experienced team will teach you the basics of sailing without any of the complicated jargon. This sailing route takes you from mainland Singapore to the island of Pulau Ubin where you will be navigating your way through the magnificent mangroves forest. The tour ends with the freshest seafood meal that you can find in Singapore - on a Kelong!
- Mangrove Kayak Fishing / Sightseeing Tour: Explore the beautiful mangrove trails of Pulau Ubin - this route is designed for nature enthusiasts who want to experience the best greenery that Singapore has to offer. You will spot native animals like monitor lizards, mud skippers, many migrating birds, and get to see the last remaining Kelongs, floating homes and fisheries, in Singapore
2. Water Sports Centre, Singapore Sports Hub
Image Credit: Singapore Sports Hub
Venue: Water Sports Centre, 8 Stadium Walk, Singapore 397699
Opening Hour: Mon - Sun (7 am - 8 pm), Public Holidays (7 am - 10 pm)
Min. Age: 7 yrs old
Price: from $12 (adult), $8 (child)
Ready for a day of fun in the sun? Explore the sparkling Kallang Basin with a variety of Kayak and Canoe options. Spend time with your family and friends and take in the sights along the river. Simply walk in and make your booking during operating hours. The paddling slots are available in fixed 2-hour blocks, and these may change from month to month.
- Non Peak Hours (Weekday, 7 am - 5 pm)
- Adult: $12 (Local Resident), $15.50 (Standard)
- Child: $8 (Local Resident), $10.50 (Standard)
- Peak Hours (Weekday, 5 pm - 7 pm & Weekends/PH, 7 am - 7 pm)
- Adult: $14 (Local Resident), $18 (Standard)
- Child: $10 (Local Resident), $13 (Standard)
Visit Water Sports Centre for the latest details.
3. Lower Seletar Water Sports Centre
Photo Credit: Camelot
Venue: Lower Seletar Water Sports Centre, 100 Yishun Ave 1, Lower Seletar Water Sports Centre, Singapore 769140
Opening Hour: First Booking at 8 am, Last Booking at 4 pm (No slots on Mon & Thu)
Min. Age: 8 yrs old
Price: from $14 for 1 pax
Located in the heart of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Rent a Kayak at the LSWPC to take a trip down and enjoy the calm and peaceful turqoise waters! Not just bonding with oyur child, but get in touch and connect with nature, spot some of the common wildlife inhabitants in the vicinity too!
- Double Sit On Top Kayak Rental
- 2 Hr Rental For 2 Pax @ $24
- Single Sit On Top Kayak Rental
- 2 Hr Rental For 1 Pax @ $14
Book your slot here.
4. Ohana Beach House - Pasir Ris Beach
Photo Credit: AdventurePaddlers
Venue: Ohana Beach House, 131 Pasir Ris Road, Carpark E, Pasir Ris Beach Park, Singapore 519148
Opening Hour: Mon - Fri (3 pm - 12 am) | Sat & Sun (10 am - 12 am)
Min. Age: Not Stated
Price: from $18 for 2 adults + 1 child
Located at Pasir Ris Beach, AdventurePaddlers offers not just the rental of kayaking equipment but also a venue for families to chill and relax along the beach as well as having a meal by the beach!
- Sit On Top Kayak
- Max Cap of 1 adult @ $12 per hour
- Max Cap of 2 adults + 1 child @ $18 per hour
Get more details from AdventurePaddlers.
5. PAssion Wave
Photo Credit: PAssion WaVe
- Marina Bay - 11 Rhu Cross, Singapore 437440
- Bedok Reservoir - 911 Bedok Reservoir Rd, Reservoir Park, Singapore 479311
- Jurong Lake Gardens - 100 Yuan Ching Rd, Singapore 618662
- Pasir Ris Park - 125 Elias Rd, Singapore 519926
- Sembawang Park - 60 Jln Mempurong, Singapore 759058
Opening Hour: Wed - Sun (9 am - 6 pm)
Min. Age: 7 yrs old
Price: from $9
With 5 venues offering Kayak rentals (rental is not available at PAssion WaVe at East Coast), you can easily head to any PAssion WaVe for a kayaking session! Also, booking fees are very affordable at $10 for non-members and $9 for PA members (there is additional 2% off for purchases online)! As at 15 May 2021, bookings can only be made via OnePA's website.
Do note the following age restrictions. Min. 7 yrs old for double sit on top kayak and min. 12 yrs old for single sit on top kayak. As at 15 May 2021, double sit on top kayak is only available at PAssion WaVe at Bedok Reservoir, Marina Bay and Jurong Lake Gardens.
- Sit On Top Kayak (2hrs)
- PA Members: $10
- Non-Members: $9
Visit PAssion WaVe for more details!
6. The Paddle Lodge - MacRitchie Reservoir
Image Credit: PUB
Venue: The Paddle Lodge @ MacRitchie Reservoir, Eastern end of the Reservoir
Opening Hour: Daily (9 am - 6 pm)
Min. Age: 7 yrs old
Price: from $15
Managed by the Singapore Canoe Federation, the Paddle Lodge is located at MacRitchie Reservoir (see image above for location) and offers families the opportunity to kayak within Singapore's largest nature reserve. Note that there is a min. age of 12 yrs old for Single Sit On Top Kayak and 7 yrs old for Double Sit On Top Kayak. You will need to book online 96 hours (4 days) in advance.
- Sit On Top Kayak (Double/Single)
- $15 per hour
Visit Singapore Canoe Federation for more pricing details of boat rental at the Paddle Lodge, MacRitchie Reservoir
7. Ola Beach Club
Venue: Ola Beach Club, 46 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa, Singapore 099005
Opening Hour: Mon - Fri (9.30 am - 10 pm), Sat & Sun (10 am - 6.30 pm)
Min. Age: 7 yrs old
Price: from $17.50 per pax
If you love the sun, sand and sea, you may wish to consider heading down to Ola Beach Club at Siloso beach to satisfy your kayaking itch! Here, you can head out to see and enjoy a nice meal by the beach too! Not to mention the many other attractions and activities that Sentosa has to offer!
The min. age to take part is 7 yrs old and children under 12 yrs old has to fit into a floatation device.
- Single Kayak
- $25 per hour for 1 pax
- Double Kayak
- $35 per hour for 2 pax
Find out more on Ola Beach Club, or visit Klook to enjoy up to 10% Off and use your SRV Vouchers.
Photo Credits: kayakasia
Venue: Multiple venues including Sentosa, Mandai Rivers, St. John's, etc
Opening Hour: Various
Min. Age: 4 yrs old
Price: contact for details
kayakasia is more like a travel agency that organises kayaking trips around the island and region. If you are keen to explore, the kayak guides will be able to bring you on a quest to discover and explore on the kayak. Their destinations in Singapore includes Sentosa, St. John's/Lazarus Islands, mangroves in Sungei Simpang and the Mandai/Kranji areas.
For pricing, please contact kayakasia for more details.