We compiled a list of happenings in the March School Holidays (13 - 21 Mar 2021) for you to start planning the week! Don't wait till the last minute!
March marks the first school holiday for the calendar year, and in 2021 the school holiday runs from 13 - 21 March. This is also the time when parents seek out activities and experiences for their little ones to keep them occupied!
If you need help to keep the family entertained, we prepared this massive list of happenings, so you won't need to search around!
This is definitely not an exhaustive list. Events listed are either that we came across or have been shared with us. Bookmark this as we will continue adding to the list!
*Updated: 5 Mar 2021
Holiday Camps to keep the little ones occupied this holiday week! They will make new friends, learn new things and have lots to share!
Takoyaki & Mango Panna Cotta Drop-off Camp | 15 Mar 2021 | $85
Little Cookhouse has a drop-off holiday camp for kids 5 years old and above on 15 Mar, from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm. The young ones will learn to cook takoyaki balls using the hotplate and the techniques to create a 2-layer panna cotta during the session. The class is limited to a max of 6 participants.
Jo’s Night Out | 12 – 13 Mar 2021 | $430/adult-child-pair
KidsSTOP has introduced an overnight camp for families this school holiday, Jo’s Night Out. Happening from 3 pm to 11 am the next day, the camp will feature hands-on STEAM activities and challenges that promote parent-child bonding as well as an exclusive free play session. Slots are very limited, so you might want to hurry if you’re interested.
Stage Camp by SRT | 15 – 19 Mar 2021 | $300
Stage Camp by SRT – Hansel and Gretel, is a five-day camp conducted in Mandarin wherein participants will develop their confidence, creativity, and communication skills in Mandarin.
Jungle Boot Camp | 15 – 16/17 – 18 Mar 2021 | $180
This March school holiday, Waka Waka has brought back their popular Jungle Safari Camp, a half-day camp spanning two-days. Little ones will hunt for food, make terrariums, dig for fossils, and traverse unknown terrains through jungle sports and practice balance and motor skills on a high-element Ropes Course. The fee is inclusive of meals and all participants will get a goodie bag at the end of the camp.
Junior Space Camp (Online) | 18 - 19 Mar 2021 | $99 (1 module) $179 (2 modules)
Suitable for 9 - 12 years old, this 2-day Junior Space Camp, organised by the Singapore Space and Technology Ltd, discusses topics on space in 2 modules. The 1st module looks at how astronauts survive in space, what happens to the human body in space, and what space weather is all about! And the 2nd module introduces rockets and what they do!
NERF x KKday Sports Camp | 15 or 16 Mar 2021 | $49.90 per pax
Enroll your kids in the fun, collaborative, and character-building NERF Sports Camp brought to you by KKday. Children will enjoy an afternoon filled with activities that stimulate their creative, physical, and collaborative skills, all the while working with teammates to take part in classic NERF games. School’s out. Camp’s in.
Prefer to join something with less commitment, but just as much fun! Join a Holiday Workshops to learn something new this holiday!
Basic Riding Workshop for Kids | 16 Mar – 8 Apr 2021 | $150+
Gallop Stable is offering Basic Riding Workshop for kids 5 years old and above, featuring stable classes, riding lesson and lots of fun. You can choose from two slots per day – 10 am – 12 pm or 2 pm – 4 pm – but do note that slots are limited
Oatmeal Teddy Bear Cookies Class | 14 & 20 Mar 2021 | $49
Little Cookhouse is providing cute Oatmeal Teddy Bear Cookies making class for kids from 3 to 12 years old. Little ones will get to make cookie dough from scratch, shape cookies into teddy bears and work with chocolate, among others. Do note that children below 6 years should be accompanied by an adult. The class has a max capacity of 8 participants (and any accompanying parent).
Kayak Fishing Tour | $129 - $199
If you would like to take your fishing game to the next level, check out Fever’s Kayak Fishing Tours. Don’t worry if you’re new to fishing (or kayak fishing), The Playground is perfect for starters. You will get to fish for bottom fishes like parrot, groupers and snappers. Do note that the fish caught will be released to ensure the sustainability of the reefs. Kids have to be at least 7 years old to participate and little ones under 12 years have to be accompanied by an adult in the same tandem kayak.
Pottery Making Experience
Common Touch Craft Unit offers 3-hour jamming sessions where you’ll be introduced to various pottery craft techniques and be able to craft basic forms, such as teacups, bowls and plates. Workshops and classes are suitable for all ages and those with little to no experience in pottery but you might want to confirm with them before placing a booking to avoid any disappointment. Group discount is available for a group of 4 or more participants.
Basic Woodworking Workshop for Kids: Foundational | 17 – 19 Mar 2021 | $415
Touchwood, Ground-Up Initiative’s Craft Unit, offers basic Woodworking Workshop for Kids during the holiday season. The Foundational program, which spans three sessions, 3 hours each, teaches young ones about wood mediums, proper usage of basic woodworking tools and basic construction, among others. This workshop is suitable for children 8 years and above (kids below 8 years have to be accompanied by an adult).
Fractured Fairy Tales | 4 -28 Mar 2021 | $40 - $300
ACT 3 Drama Academy’s holiday workshop for kids returns this March holiday with Fractured Fairy Tales. They’re offering different classes for three different age groups – 18 to 36 months ($40/parent-child), 3 to 4 years ($300/child) and 5 to 7 years ($300/child). Children from 3 to 7 years old will learn to dramatise a Fractured Fairy Tale through vocal dynamics and dramatic expression, among others, in a week-long drama workshop. Tots from 18 to 36 months will participate in a one-off workshop inspired by the classic Red Riding Hood tale, stepping into a world of make-believe, play and discovery.
- Leia’s Playworld: Cactus Painting Workshop @ Crane | 14 Mar 2021 | $20
Come create your own Cactus with Leia's Playworld this holiday! Suitable as a parent/child activity for kids between 3 - 5 yrs old too! Includes 1 cactus painting kit with wooden cactus pieces, 2 brushes, 12-colour painting kit and 1 more set for your child to bring home to craft by themselves! Craft glue will be provided for children to share during the workshop.
Who doesn't love a good promotion! Especially those that helps us save while spending time with your little ones! Having fun need not be too expensive!
- BYKidO's TOO MARCH FUN Promotion: Enjoy 10% off purchases off events and activities listed on the BYKidO March Holiday Collection! Choose from an array of holiday camps, workshps and activities to keep junior entertained the entire week!
- Kids Play Free @ Sentosa: Sentosa, the State of Fun, is offering FREE ENTRY for 1 child for every paying adult to selected attractions on the island. More perks awaits when you visit Sentosa this March Holiday.
- Sofitel Sentosa Resort & Spa Full Board Staycation with Yacht Trip and Tour: 2-full days of fun with a family staycation at Sofitel Sentosa Resort & Spa with breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3, with a yacht trip before check-in and Fort Siloso tour after check-out. Book 2 rooms, to enjoy 20% Off!
1-for-1 Admission to Wildlife Reserves Singapore's Parks: Enjoy 1-for-1 Admission to Singapore Zoo, River Safari, Night Safari and Jurong Bird Park. Purchase by 14 Mar 2021, and use tickets by 31 Mar 2021.
- Free Entry For Kids @ Singapore Flyer / Time Capsule: From now until 31 March, guests can pre-book tickets to the Singapore Flyer and Time Capsule for 2 adults and 2 children at just $80 online. This limited time promotion is valid for visits from now until 30 June. SingapoRediscovers Vouchers can also be used to purchase the Family Bundle.
50% Off Selected Paradise Group Dishes: The Paradise Group is offering 50% off selected food items for the Paradise Group members, as well as Citibank credit and debit cardholders on weekdays from 1 Mar - 29 Apr 2021!
Taking time off to spend time with the kids but not sure where to go? Let us help with a list of events happening during this March Holidays!
- SAFRA Tampines' March Holiday Specials: Keep the kids entertained @ SAFRA Tampines this March Holidays with Fundamental Movement Skills multi-sports experience, and an array of sports try-outs and trials, most of them available for free!
- Sakura Featuring Hello Kitty at Gardens by the Bay: This season Gardens by the Bay sees the return of its well-loved cherry and peach blossoms floral display. Not only that, for the first time this year, Hello Kitty will be making an appearance around the conservatory in different settings!
- Arts in Your Neighbourhood 2021: Highlights of the Arts in Your Neighbourhood March 2021 includes a special puppetry film by The Finger Players; PODSCAPE, a striking yellow mobile booth featuring an exciting mix of immersive storytelling soundscapes made from objects found in Pasir Ris and; Api Api’s Dreams, a light projection display by SYNDICATE on the façade of the White Sands Shopping Mall.
- Activities At The Science Centre Singapore: An array of fun and educational family activities will be happening this March! From STEM workshops to overnight camping, you won't want to miss the fun at the Science Centre Singapore!
Wildlife Quest with Detective Blue at The Jurong Bird Park: In celebration of its 50 golden years, Jurong Bird Park is offering visitors an array of activities as well as promotions that you can enjoy with your family, including their very first digital GPS game trail: Wildlife Quest with Detective Blue.
- Otah & Friends - Multi-sensory Exhibit: Due to an overwhelmingly positive response, Otah & Friends, Singapore’s first otter-themed escapade has extended its run with brand-new offerings. The colourful exhibits see new additions, which means more opportunities for snooping around and snapping quirky shots for the Gram. Don’t forget your mission of finding Otah before the cookies in his oven burn though.
- STAR WARS™ Identities: The Exhibition: An interactive exhibit showcasing close to 200 artefacts from the original Star Wars™ films. You can get up close and personal with original movie props, artworks, costumes and models of the famed starships, the Millennium Falcon and the Star Destroyer from Star Wars™.
- MarchOn @ Esplanade: Esplanade has launched a brand-new annual festival for children, March On. Featuring an assortment of music, theatre and dance programs for kids below 12 and their families to participate in, March On's specially curated programmes delve into relevant issues facing the young of today and place children squarely at the centre of the creative process.
Craft Making & Wellness Workshops at Chinatown: Across two weekends at Chinatown, there are multiple craft workshops that you can try your hand in whether you’re looking for a novel experience or to pick up a new skill. You can take your pick from basket weaving, pottery and soap making workshop to Marble Style Coaster Workshop, Stop Video Making and LEGO® Spinning Top Challenge.
Easter Wonderland 2021 @ Downtown East: If a trip to Downtown East is in your books for the holidays, do check out The EGG-CADE Room on E!Hub Level 2, near the main entrance. You will find a mini arcade as well as an art installation featuring a life-sized egg tray where you can take pictures for your Insta story. Other activities will be happening for the little ones to take part in!
Children’s Sports Programs at Singapore Sports Hub: Singapore Sports Hub is offering a wide variety of sports programs and activities for children during this season that you can take your pick from. There’s Multi-Sports Class, Kinder Holiday Program and Kids Dance Class, among others suitable for children of different age groups.