The Junior Aquarist is a 1-hour programme for kids to experience how professional aquarists go about ensuring the well-being of different marine animals!
Venue: S.E.A Aquarium
Date: Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
Time: 10 am and 2 pm
Fee: $38 + S.E.A Aquarium Ticket (Discounted tickets available at KKday, details below)
Happening at S.E.A Aquarium is the interesting Junior Aquarist programme, a 1-hour experience for kids to experience being a professional aquarist and to learn about how to care for different marine animals. The programme is available for booking throughout the year with a different marine animal focus during different seasons!
Season 1: Focus On Sharks
The first season will focus on the majestic sharks (followed by corals, sea jellies and frogs).
In the first season, the little ones will gain big bites of knowledge regarding sharks’ importance and why their unique adaptations make them such formidable hunters! They’ll also learn about the important work that aquarists perform.
This is what can be expected!
- Learn about sharks’ jaws and what they eat.
- Identify the different species of sharks in Shark Seas.
- See how sharks are taken care
- Discover the traits that make their bodies so different: dermal denticles, electroreceptors, oily livers and their famous teeth!
- Watch as aquarists observe marine animals daily to ensure they’re healthy and well.
Who Is The Junior Aquarist Programme For?
The experience is for an hour, and will be conducted in English only. This is a drop-off programme (parents will not be accompanying) for inquisitive kids aged 7 to 12 years old.
The fee for the programme is $38, and a separate S.E.A. Aquarium admission ticket is required and sold separately. Booking is available throughout the year. You may purchase from KKday to enjoy the S.E.A Aquarium Junior Aquarist Program a special price of $60 (U.P. $68), the ticket includes
- One-Day Fixed Date Admission Tickets to Singapore S.E.A. Aquarium with 1 Hour Junior Aquarist Program
- $5 SEAA Retail Voucher (Minimum spend $25)
Have you taken part in the programme before? Share your thoughts with us via our social media conversations too!
*Photo Credits: Resorts World Sentosa