The Police Heritage Centre showcases exhibits and multimedia displays that highlights the rich history of the Singapore Police Force from the colonial times till the present day.
Venue: 28 Irrawaddy Rd, Singapore 329560
Opening Hours: By Appointment Only
*Update Sep 2022: Reopened for visits through booking
The Police Heritage Centre (PHC) is a museum located within the Police Headquarters at New Phoenix Park. It consist of a series of galleries across 2 floors that showcases the history of the SPF, including how the force has changed, the evolution of the Police uniform, rank and insignia, as well as a gallery that pays tribute to the heroism and sacrifice of police officers who have died in the line of duty
Suitable For Older Children
Tours at the PHC is by appointment only and will require 7 working days to process your bookings. Please click on this link to make a booking - https://go.gov.sg/phc-booking-form
However, do note that the tour is more suited for an older audience (12 years old and up), including for older children as part of their social studies or history lessons. For families of younger children, do note that the PHC is a regular participant of the annual Children's Season and they will usually host special tours for the younger kids in the June and December holiday sessions!
The main gallery which documents the chronology of policing in Singapore is divided into eight areas, each depicting a major chapter in the development in SPF's history.
This Commemorative gallery honours officers who have died in the line of duty, and those who have received conspicuous awards for their acts of gallantry.
At the Command Gallery, you will get to learn more about the officers of vision who played a significant role in the development of SPF. Also on display is the SPF's collection of ranks and insignias, which showcases the transformation of the police uniform and its badges of rank as the Force evolved over the years.
Virtual Tour - SPF200 Virtual Exhibition
A new virtual tour experience was been introduced during COVID to allow the public to visit the centre. Using 360-degree filming technology, the SPF200 Virtual Exhibition reinvents the viewing experience by presenting a fresh approach to learning about our history beyond the museum space.
*allow the experience to load or click on the link to access the virtual tour.
Things To Take Note
Before you visit, do note the following
- The tours are by appointment only, strictly no walk-ins are allowed
- As the area is a restricted area, do bring along your identification for entry. Based on our previous experience younger children (below 7 yrs old) will not require identification.
- Arrive early for your appointment as you might need some time to register at the entrance of the Police Headquarters.
- There is no parking available within the venue. You can park at the nearby malls and hospital - Novena Square 2, Tan Tock Seng Link, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital.
- Nearest MRT is Novena Station and you will need to walk about 10 mins to the entrance of the Police Headquarters
The Police Heritage Centre is located within the Police Headquarters at New Phoenix Park, 28 Irrawaddy Road Singapore 329560.
Bookings can be made based on their opening hours
- Tuesday to Friday: 10am to 4pm
- Saturday and eve of Public Holidays: 10am to 1pm
- Closed on Monday, Sunday and Public Holidays
In the meantime, follow us on social media to get the latest updates on then next children friendly events at the Police Heritage Centre!
*Photo Credits: police.gov.sg