The campaign aims to encourage the public to revitalise Singapore’s precious waterways while enjoying a relaxing paddle on a Kayak/Stand-up Paddle.
PAssion Wave is partnering with International Coastal Cleanup Singapore (ICCS) to organise the Rent-a-Craft, Pay-by-Trash campaign for the fifth year running, in the lead-up to the International Coastal Cleanup Day.
When & Where
The campaign will run from 3 to 11 September 2022, across the six PAssion Wave outlets, with 2x two-hour slots: 9am to 11am and 2pm to 4pm.
The two-hour session includes:
- washing and returning of equipment
Participants are strongly encouraged to join the sorting and disposal of the trash collected at the end of programme. Participants are not required to bring their clean-up tools as PAssion Wave will provide equipment such as pails, tongs, and gloves.
Registration & Pricing Details
Registration opens on 20 August 2022, 9am.
A token sum of $1 for the rental of kayak equipment (kayak, personal flotation device, paddle) will be collected, and it will be used to offset the locker charges and fund pro-bono Kayak 'N' Klean sessions for lesser privileged groups that PAssion Wave work with. Fees for spray cover apply if required for the rental.
Age & Safety Requirements
- Minimum age for reservoir outlets (Jurong Lake Gardens, Marina Bay, Bedok Reservoir): 7 Years Old
- Minimum age for Sea Outlets (Pasir Ris, Sembawang): 10 years old
- All children between 7 to 11 years old must be accompanied by an adult (21 years old and above).
- Non-certified participants are also welcome at sea outlets.
- Stand-up Paddling is only available at the East Coast outlet, and participants must be certified to proceed. More details available here.
For more FAQs, please refer to the registration page.
Photo Credits: PAssion Wave