Christmas Wonderland celebrates a decade of wonder with a bigger fairground, more light displays and carnival rides from 1 Dec 2023 to 1 Jan 2024 at Gardens by the Bay!
Venue: Gardens by the Bay
Dates: 1 Dec 2023 - 1 Jan 2024
Admission: from $8 (adults), $6 (children) - tickets available here
Ring in the festive cheer this December as Christmas Wonderland celebrates a decade of wonder as it returns to Gardens by the Bay from 1 Dec 2023 to 1 Jan 2024! The 10th edition of Singapore’s biggest (and in our opinion, best) yuletide fair features a supersized fairground with a sensational array of light displays, new carnival rides and more festive activities.
First time visiting Christmas Wonderland, scroll down to our tips where we share what we have learned as parents visiting the massive event.
3 Exciting Zones Across 27,000+ Sqm
With more than 27,000 square metres to cover, this year’s enlarged fairground comprises three magical zones: Supertree Grove, Frosty’s Fairground at The Meadow, and Gingerbread Grove. Visitors can admire 13 stunning light displays, soak in the holiday cheer with a multi-sensory experience complete with ‘snow’ in the tropics, hop onto new carnival rides, have a go at carnival games, meet Santa Claus, dine on festive fare, catch live performances by local artistes and lots more!
Festive Light Displays
Taking centre stage at the heart of Supertree Grove is Christmas Wonderland’s main showpiece, the Spalliera. With a design inspired by Mesola Castle in north Italy’s province of Ferrara, this magnificent Italian handcrafted light display is lit by 103,000 bulbs and stands majestically at 20 metres tall – roughly the height of five double-decker buses.
This year, families will be treated to the spellbinding experience of ‘snow’ in the tropics against the stunning backdrop of the Spalliera with the return of the highly popular Blizzard Time. Daily shows will happen directly after the Garden Rhapsody Light and Sound Show at 7.45pm, 8.45pm, and 9.35pm.
Docked at Christmas Wonderland for the holiday season is the Holly Roger ship with its crew of merry pirate elves. Illuminated by approximately 127,000 bulbs, this brand new 24-metre-long whimsical light display is a sight to behold. Having disembarked, Santa Claus is standing by to strike a pose for Instagram-worthy moments.
Don't forget to visit Santa, who is waiting to see if you and your little ones are in his naughty or nice list!
With its kaleidoscopic installation of approximately 75,000 programmable LED lights strung across a 65-metre-long tunnel, this year’s edition of the Walk of Lights presented by CDG Zig is the longest ever. More new captivating light displays can be found at Merry Lane presented by Trip.com, with installations such as giant snowflakes and Santa’s boot that will make quirky backdrops for your outfit of the day!
Carnival Games at the Fairground
Get on board the Christmas Train to head over to Frosty’s Fairground at The Meadow, where visitors can have a go at more carnival games, such as Ring Toss, Fishy Fishy, and Blockbuster. Take a trip down memory lane and hop onto classic amusement rides by Uncle Ringo such as Bumper Cars, Carousel, Flying Dumbo and Hot Air Balloon.
More fun awaits at LumiLand, an illuminated playground where there are enchantingly lit seesaws, swings, and LED fixtures for the little ones to enjoy. Visitors can also admire the light displays on the hillsides surrounding The Meadow.
Rides starts from $8.
New - The Gingerbread Grove
Situated between Supertree Grove and Frosty’s Fairground is the newly created Gingerbread Grove, where visitors can delight their senses in a sweet experience. This quirky sugary-themed zone is a feast for the eyes with a vibrantly lit Gingerbread House set on a field of illuminated candy canes, as well as a pleasure for the palate with dessert stalls.
Fill Your Tummies and Glasses!
With twice the number of food outlets this year, families will be spoilt for choice with more treats than ever before. A multitude of festive fare featuring some of Singapore’s popular food and beverage establishments such as Burger & Lobster, Kebabs Faktory, and Sofnade will be available throughout the event ground.
There are also festive tipples at a whimsical Christmas-cracker themed bar by Hendrick’s Gin and a Brewerkz craft beer bar featuring its festive Gingerbread Amber Lager. Diners will be able to get into the Christmas spirit with performances by local artistes at Elfresco.
Choose from four daily sessions starting from 6.30pm. These sessions indicate timings the entry from timings.
- 6.30 pm
- 7.30 pm
- 8.30 pm
- 9.30 pm
You can also look out for themed nights such as Pets’ Night (5 & 12 Dec 2023), where they will be able to soak in the sights and sounds of Christmas Wonderland and enjoy an exclusive programme for their beloved fur kids.
Tickets to Christmas Wonderland are available at Trip.com and are priced as follows
- 1 - 14 Dec 2023: $8 (advance purchase) / $12 (same day purchase)
- 15 - 25 Dec 2023: $12 (advance purchase) / $14 (same day purchase)
- 26 Dec 2023 - 1 Jan 2024: $10 (advance purchase) / $12 (same day purchase)
Child (3 - 12 years)
- $6 regardless of date or day of purchase
Separate charges apply for OCBC Skyway, Supertree Observatory, Floral Fantasy and Gardens by the Bay conservatories.
Advance purchases can be online by 11.59 pm on the day before the visit. Families are encouraged to purchase tickets online prior to arrival.
Having been to a number of Christmas Wonderlands, we will like to share our tips to have a great experience and to help newer parents avoid some of the mistakes that we made before!
- Remember to purchase tickets online prior to arrival AND to download / print any PDF tickets that might be provided. This is to avoid having any issues accessing your tickets on the day and getting frustrated in the queue.
- Purchase tickets for the earliest session and that allows you to enter early and to hang out until the sky turns dark (unless if your child is young, and you don't expect to spend too long)
- Take note of the Blizzard Time show times, daily shows at 7.45pm, 8.45pm, and 9.35pm.
- It will get crowded (VERY crowded), so be mentally ready for it, prep the kids about it and try not to get overwhelmed and frustrated when you are there
- Because of the crowd, we highly discourage bringing prams - baby carry is an option
- Try to pack light, but bring water, insect repellents and a small umbrella / poncho in case it rains
- Queues for food and drinks are usually the longest, so bring your own or be ready to be in the queue
- Parking at Gardens by the Bay is limited, and we don't encourage parking there. If you decide to drive, consider parking at Marina Bay Financial Centre and taking a 10 - 15 mins walk. Otherwise, public transport is a good option too
*Photo Credits: Christmas Wonderland Facebook page, photos are of past event and are for reference only.