Christmas Wonderland, Singapore’s biggest yuletide event is back from 3 Dec 2021 with a whole new array of stunning light displays and festive offerings.
*Updated (10 Dec 2021): added our experience and pictures in our IG post.
Click here for Christmas Wonderland 2022
Venue: Gardens by the Bay, Supertree Grove
Dates: 3 Dec 2021 - 2 Jan 2022 (6.30 pm - 10.30 pm)
Admission: from $7 (available on KKday)
The much anticipated Christmas event, Christmas Wonderland, is back to illuminate the Gardens by the Bay from 3 Dec 2021 to 2 Jan 2022 with a whole new array of stunning light displays and festive offerings.
Marvel at the spectacular Light Displays, take a photo with Santa Claus, have a go at Carnival Games, hop onto a Venetian Double-Storey Carousel, shop for gifts at Mistletoe Alley Market, be mesmerised by the Garden Rhapsody light and sound show, and more
Embark on a tropical Christmas adventure and be dazzled by eight magical Light Displays, including the brand new seven-storey high Spalliera from Italy.
With their countless Instagrammable opportunities, the Walk of Stars and Enchanted Bridge are beautiful light displays not to be missed this year. The 44-metre Walk of Stars is a light tunnel made up of thousands of programmable star-shaped LED lights. A must-see and must-experience attraction, this mesmerising display promises to capture the hearts of all visitors.
At 30 metres long, the Enchanted Bridge will charm visitors of all ages. This 7.7-metre tall display and its surrounding area is illuminated by 100,000 LED lights, making it a captivating sight to behold.
We had the opportunity to visit on the opening day and the 2nd day of the event. This is our thoughts on the event
- Be prepared for a crowd. It took us 20-30 mins to get in on the 1st day and about 10 mins the 2nd. I think the crowd control probably improved with the 1st day experience but it is still a crowd
- Avoid strollers if possible. Because of the crowd, if you have strollers or other bulky items, it might make it more difficult to manoeuvre through the venue.
- Eat before you come. While there is a dining area, it will be difficult to get in unless you arrive early. We advise eating before coming
- Book a slot (but noone cares). Disclaimer, this is our experience on both days and it might change. The entry staff only cared that you have a ticket, and noone really cared about the timing we had on the tickets. People who booked the earlier slots can stay longer and people who booked later slots can turn up earlier too. But people were turned away without tickets.
- Book your carousel before coming. It is $10 per ride and to avoid holding up the queue or risk not having any available slots. It is probably a must-do at the event too.
- Carnival games are @ $5 each. Reasonable pricing as with most amusement parks these days. But there are only limited games (we counted 5 stalls) and be prepared to queue too.
All in all a good experience. There is a crowd but not horrendous. You won't get a photo with no one in the background, but you won't need to squeeze either!
La Casa di Santa Claus
Father Christmas has a new home this year – head over to La Casa di Santa Claus, an Italian handmade luminarie light display, to take a photo with him before he heads out to deliver presents all around the world!
Garden Rhapsody Light and Sound Show
Immerse yourself in this merry season with a musical treat! Soak in the holiday cheer with magical Supertree lights dancing to festive tunes in the Garden Rhapsody Light and Sound Show.
Carnival Games and Carousel
Tonnes of fun for everyone with traditional carnival games, including Fishy Fishy, Darts, Blockbuster, and Bowling. Games are at $5 each and can be purchased onsite.
Families can also hop on the Venetian Double-Story Horse Carousel. The carousel is hand-painted by artists and crafted by skilled craftsmen in Europe. Tickets are at $10 per person and $5 for each adult accompanying a child (12 years and below). Tickets must be pre-booked online (it can also be purchased online when onsite but limited ride slots available daily).
Mistletoe Alley Market
Head over to the European-style Mistletoe Alley Market and explore the tantalising selection of premium chocolates, teas, toys as well as wine and spirits from DFS Singapore. Explore the eclectic mix of gift ideas from Candescent Box, Goodwood Park Hotel, and Sofnade too. Official Christmas Wonderland merchandise is available the Happy Hut.
There will also be free workshops on Sustainability and Sustainable Dough Soap Making at the Fawn Labs hut. Workshop are conducted at a different venue and slots are subject to availability.
Christmas Wonderland @ Gardens by the Bay runs from 3 Dec 2021 to 2 Jan 2022. There are no on-site ticketing, all tickets must be purchased via the official ticketing partner KKday. You can try to purchase tickets online when onsite, but it might already be full.
- Pre-event Purchase* (3 Dec - 16 Dec)
- Adults: $7
- Child (3 - 12 yrs): $5
- Pre-event Purchase* (17 Dec - 2 Jan)
- Adults: $9
- Child (3 - 12 yrs): $5
- Same-day Purchase
- Adults: $10
- Child (3 - 12 yrs): $5
*Pre-event purchase tickets can only be purchased up to 11.59pm the day before visit.
Tickets for the Double-Story Carousel must also be pre-booked online.
- $10 per person
- $5 for each adult accompanying a child (12 years and below)
Due to prevailing government regulations on capacity controls of unvaccinated children, the number of children aged 12 years and under allowed into the event is strictly controlled.
Admission is free via pre-registration for children below three years old with every accompanying vaccinated adult. Please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five working days prior to your visit to register your child for complimentary entry into Christmas Wonderland. You will need to provide the following details:
- Ticket transaction number
- Date of visit
- Session time
- Date of birth of your child (proof of child's age is required at point of entry)
Date & Time
There are four daily sessions to choose from between 3 December 2021 to 2 January 2022, with hourly slots from 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
- 6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- 7.30 pm - 8.30 pm
- 8.30 pm - 9.30 pm
- 9.30 pm - 10.30 pm
*Disclaimer, this is our experience and it might change. There was no checking of the timing on the tickets so if you decide to turn up earlier or later, that should be fine. You could also stay beyond the hour slot, especially if you get a seat at the dining area.
Similar as previous years, Christmas Wonderland will be happening at Gardens by the Bay, Supertree Grove.
*Photo Credits: Christmas Wonderland 2021