Location: Police Heritage Centre - New Phoenix Park
Date: By Appointment Only
Hour: Slots by Appointment
BYKidO Visits: Original articles of places we been to or events we attended. We share the knowledge to help you create your family memories!
What is it?
The Police Heritage Centre, located within the Police Headquarters @ New Phoenix Park, is a museum showcasing the history of the Singapore Police Force.
The tour is usually suited for older kids as it covers the history of the police force and the implications history had on it. However, during the Children's Season in June, a special tour is organised for kids aged between 3 - 9 years old!
BYKidO had the privilege to arrange a tour with 10 other families for the Children's Season 2018.
The tour is kept relatively simple with a simple craft activity, photo taking opportunity in kids sized police uniform, and a tour around the Heritage Centre.
The tour is specially catered to the age group with hands on opportunity and a guide great at asking the little ones questions too!
The children even got to go home with a gift after the tour!
*There will be a crime prevention talk by the Policemen on weekdays too!
Things to Note
- The Tour is by Appointment only. Check the Police Heritage Centre website for the latest information.
- Strictly no walk-ins allowed. As the area is a restricted area, registered participants must pre-fill in a form to provide identification.
- On event day, please bring a photo identification. Children above 7 will need to bring their EZ link cards while those below 7 do not require identification
- The tour is about 1.5hrs long, do note that registration may take some time due to the exchange of identification for a visitor pass.
- As parking is not allowed within the compound, you may consider parking at the nearby shopping malls (Square 2 or Velocity), or the hospitals nearby (Ren Ci, Mount Elizabeth Novena)
- Registration slots are taken up really quickly. For future Children's Seasons, do stay tune to BYKidO to be updated or check on the Singapore Heritage Centre website towards the end of May.
In conclusion, it was an informative and unique experience. Do not expect it to be like a major attraction but definitely an interesting experience for the kids.
BYKidO is a platform aimed at helping you discover the latest events, activities and classes to bring your kids out to! Get ideas of places to go and things to do - and start creating your Family Memories!
Listed with hundreds of family events and activities to bring the kids out - Never be bored of the kids or have bored kids when you download the BYKidO App!
Want to find out more? Click here to find out more about us.