The festival will feature over 50 conscious brands and attendees can engage in transformative talks, delicious and healthy eats, organic drinks, interactive art, and participate in purposeful games.
Venue: South Beach, 26 Beach Road, Singapore
Date: 14 to 15 Oct 2023
Time: 12pm to 7pm
Fee: S$20 (incl. access to both days & all activities | Free entry for those under 18
The Conscious Festival 2023
The Conscious Festival by Green Is The New Black is returning to The Lion City on 14 to 15 October 2023 after two successful Festivals in Paris, Europe. The seventh edition for Singapore will take place at South Beach, a sprawling eco-lifestyle destination in the heart of Singapore.
The Conscious Festival is an immersive event supporting the sustainability journey by reconnecting with ourselves, others, and the planet. It is a B2B2C celebration that explores the future of technology and living through the lenses of climate, impact and consciousness. Where music, art, talks, and workshops converge to expand our minds and ignite action.
Here's taking a closer look at some the key event highlights:
Always pushing boundaries through conversation, the talks are opening up new portals for connection and learning.
- 14 Oct 2023
- Mind Futures - unlock your higher purpose: with speakers including Richard Rudd the Founder of Gene Keys (virtual UK), Gino Yu Associate Professor, Director of Digital Entertainment and Game Development at Hong Kong PolyU (HK)
- AI Futures - navigating technology to solve for sustainability: with speakers including Evelina Lye the Head of Marketing Creators & Media APAC at Meta and co-founder UNTAM3D, Sean Lee Davies the CEO of Awethentic Group and Project C:Change (HK)
- 15 Oct 2023
- Regenerative Futures - building the future from the past: with speakers including Arizona Muse famed fashion model and founder of Dirt Charity (UK), Zarina Muhammad - Multidisciplinary Researcher and Lecturer at Lasalle College of the Arts
- Our Future Nature - from grassroots change to global impact: with speakers including Minister Grace Fu the Minister for Sustainability and the Environment, MJ the Co-Founder of Just Keep Thinking, and Sarah Cragg of Earth Shot Prize.
Our expert facilitators will guide you through transformative workshops to deep dive around being a better human, the power of collaboration, igniting circular creativity, holistic healing and more.
- Singapore Youth Voices for Biodiversity
- From Seed to Soul: The Interconnected Journey of Food with Andrew Cameron, Nithiya Laila & Habitat Collective
- Transitioning to sustainability & finding meaning in your job with Lea Klein from MakeSense
- Empowering the Future: how to raise children in the face of climate change, with Conscious Parenting Training, Maguelonne Lonner
- Tap into your dream space with Livy Von Goh
- Awakening Breathwork & Mushroom Tea Ceremony with Simon Yuen
- And many more!
The festival’s famous marketplace will feature over 60 conscious brands and attendees can enjoy delicious and healthy eats, organic drinks, interactive art, and participate in purposeful games. Everywhere you look there is something fun to engage in, such as:
- Shoot microplastics in the Water Bodies VR game by MeshMinds
- Get briefed on plastic consumption and make your own recycled plastic product with Plastify
- Take part in a live trash art with The Conscious Lizzy
- Participate in a plastic sorting game with Ayer Ayer x Nikoi Island
- Have your tarot cards read by the AI tarot
- Learn about climate change with Climate Fresk and Biodiversity Collage
- Enjoy live local beats curated by Wild Pearl Studio
- Check out the pre-loved corner
- Take your dog to the photobooth by Ginger & Bear
- Try a hand massage, get self-care tips and relaxation techniques with Wei Arôme
- Drop off your food compost and learn about composting with Ecosami
Feel the pulsating beats from the music stage where local and regional artists will take you on a journey of sound. Ambient beats and melodic tapestry will awaken your senses and elevate your spirit, curated by Wild Pearl Studio.
Photo Credits: Green Is The New Black
Art installations abound with interactive exhibits that probe, educate and wonder.
Food & Drink
When it's time to refuel, indulge your taste buds at the F&B Village. Feast on a kaleidoscope of plant-based delicacies, bursting with flavours that nourish both your body and soul. From exotic smoothie bowls to mouthwatering vegan street food, each dish will leave you feeling energized and vibrant. And wet your whistle on sustainable beer, organic wines, and conscious alcohol-free cocktails.
A Gamified Festival Experience
The Conscious Festival is also gamifying the festival experience this year through meaningful impact; rewarding guest participation with trees to unlock prizes. The more that guests engage, interact and learn at the Festival, the more "tree points" they will earn. Each tree point represents a real tree being protected against deforestation.
For example, for each talk or workshop attended, engaging in activities scattered around the festival, or finding the hidden trees - guests will earn tree points. Those that grow the biggest forests will win prizes, including a staycation in arguably Singapore’s greenest hotel, the eco-chic PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, a 2-night villa stay at private island Cempedak Island, a month’s supply of Ben & Jerrys plant-based ice cream and so much more! All of this for taking #littlegreensteps and learning at the event. This is in partnership with Cloud Forest.
For further information on the event, you may refer to the website.