Army Open House 2022 (AOH22) will make a return! Here's what to expect when you visit this year!
*Updated 24 May 2022: Pictures and tips from preview of AOH22@F1 Pit Building. Tickets have also been fully redeemed.
Venue: F1 Pit Building, Punggol and Bishan
Date: 28 - 30 May (F1 Pit Building), 3 - 5 Jun (Punggol), 10 - 12 Jun (Bishan)
Admission: Free, booking is required
Army Open House 2022 (AOH22) will make a return to the F1 Pit Building after five years. Themed "Generations of Strength" to commemorate 55 years of National Service, AOH22 will comprise the AOH22 Virtual Exhibition, AOH22@F1 Pit Building and AOH22@Heartlands to showcase the Army's hardware, software and heartware to engage Singaporeans of all ages.
AOH Virtual Exhibition
Dates: 16 May - 12 June 2022
For the first time, the Army is integrating both physical and virtual components of AOH to deliver an immersive experience to the public and reach a wider audience.
The AOH Website (http://www.go.gov.sg/AOH22) features different interactive elements and games for visitors to learn more about the Army's Formations, operational capabilities and platforms, as well as the professionalism of our soldiers. It will be accessible from 16 May to 12 June
- NS55 Showcase. A replica of the physical exhibition, the NS55 showcase aims to bring you through generations of NS and includes an interactive video featuring servicemen from the SAF and the Home Team.
- Online Games. Five games are created within the 11 zones hosted on the AOH22 website. Visitors stand a chance to win AOH22 souvenirs
- Downloadable Content. Visitors can download stickers from Our Army Formations for messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Telegram. There are also 15 Army-themed colouring sheets which are downloadable from the Kids Zone.
- Showcase and Highlights. Visitors can conveniently watch livestreams and highlights from the physical sites of AOH22.
AOH22@ F1 Pit Building
Date: 28 - 30 May 2022
Tickets: Fully Registered
The Main Exhibition will feature signature AOH components, activities and shows. It will comprise of 13 zones, details of each zone is included below.
- Our Army Platforms. A line-up of the Army's military platforms will be on display. Visitors can get up close and take pictures with various combat, combat support, and combat service support platforms.
You can even board the vehicles for photos too, and hear from the military experts as they share more about these vehicles!
- Army Formations Zone. The 15 immersive and engaging Formation booths will allow visitors a hands-on experience with the wide array of weapons and equipment used by soldiers. This includes a chance to hold a sniper rifle, taste the army rations and much much more!
- NS55 Showcase. This year marks 55 years of NS. Visitors can look forward to an experiential exhibition and learn about the evolution of NS through the years
- Kids Zone. Situated at the second level of the F1 Pit Building, this zone will engage kids with activities such as a mini obstacle course, balloon sculpting, and face painting with camo-cream, there's even a mini campsite and a jungle maze for the adventurous ones!
- Technology Zone. This segment offers visitors a glimpse into the future battle arena and is a showcase of the various government agencies and more.
- Experience The Night. Visitors can experience operating in darkness with the aid of Night Vision Goggles through a mission-based night walk that will elicit the smell, sights and sounds of an outfield mission.
- Drone Arena*. Drone-flying enthusiasts can enjoy flying their drones in the indoor enclosure by bringing their own drones (≤250g) to the F1 Pit Building.
- Be A Marksman*. Visitors can experience firing Singapore's very own SAR 21 rifle at the Firing Range. No real bullets of course!
- Battle Rides*. Visitors can experience what it is like to be on board the SAF's military platforms. Cruise down the waters of Marina Bay on the M3G military raft; take to the skies on the Chinook; and ride in some of the Army's most recognisable platforms!
Kids will need to be at least 120cm tall to be able to ride. Registration is required, head over to the tent at the end of the open house to register for a time slot!
- Soldier Strong Arena. Visitors can experience how sports science, fitness equipment and wearable technology have transformed the Army's fitness programme
- Soldier Strong Obstacle Course*. This zone includes a series of obstacles for visitors to unleash their inner warrior and test their mettle. This is also designed for families to take part together - we understand that the min. age to take part will be 12 years old.
- Army Showcase. The Army Showcase will be a feast for the senses. It features a Day Showcase, and a Night Showcase for the first time in AOH. Visitors can look forward to seeing the Red Lions, SAF Band and a variety of military vehicles.
The Red Lions will land on 28 - 29 May at 10 am and there will be a street parade on 28 - 30 May at the same time. In the evenings from 7 pm, families can expect a light show, pyrotechnics display and performances too.
- Main Stage. Experience incredible vibes and soulful musical performances put up by various artists from So Drama! Entertainment (SDE) and more at the Main Stage.
- Army Careers. For visitors who are keen to explore an Army career, AOH22 offers an opportunity to gain better understanding of the Army and career pathways available.
- SAFRA Family Day Out – NS Family Camp. Organised by SAFRA from 27 to 28 May in conjunction with AOH22, the overnight camp is open to Operationally Ready National Servicemen (NSmen), SAFRA members and their families - includes a guided tour of AOH22 and viewing of the Night Show at the F1 Pit Building as well as a series of NS-inspired activities
*These are ticketed events and you can get your tickets on-site.
Tips from our Preview
- Entrance to the AOH22 @ F1 Building will be nearer to the Singapore Flyer end (near the ice cream shop)
- Book your Battle Rides first! These will packed quickly, so head over to book your slots before doing the rest of the activities.
- Stay together for the Chinook ride - for this battle ride, you will need to board a bus and head over to the Marina Cruise Centre area to ride the Chinook, before heading back. In case you were planning to split up, do take note of this arrangement
- Kids Zone is suited for young kids - personally, I feel that this is for the 6 years and below.
- Wear covered shoes - it might be required for some of the activities
- Sunblock, hats and shade - much of the outdoor activities are under the sun. So come prepared with protection!
- Charge your phones - make sure you have enough battery (and memory space) for lots of photos!
- Don't forget to thank the boys - they been there since 2 weeks ago setting up, burning weekends and standing in the sun!
Win Tickets TO AOH22 @ F1 Building
Our Army has launched the #ReadyForAOH campaign on social media! Simply upload a video on how you are getting ready, hyped-up and excited for AOH22! Post your video as a FB Video, IG Reel or TikTok, and remember to tag @oursingaporearmy with hashtag #aoh22
22 winners stand to win early access passes to visit AOH22 on 27 May and take home an exclusive goodie bag! Hurry! The campaign ends on 17 May 2022!
AOH22 @ Heartlands
Dates: 3 - 5 Jun (Punggol), 10 - 12 Jun (Bishan)
Visitors who wish to visit AOH22 after May can do so at as the open house moves to the heartlands in June: Punggol from 3 to 5 June; and Bishan from 10 to 12 June. These are what you can expect at these locations
- Army Formations, Soldier Strong Arena, and Kids Zone. Interactive exhibits from various Army Formations will be brought over from the F1 Pit Building.
- Experience The Night. Visitors can experience operating in darkness with the aid of night-fighting equipment through a mission-based night walk that will elicit the smell, sights and sounds of an outfield mission.
- Be A Marksman. Visitors can experience firing Singapore's very own SAR 21 rifle loaded with Smart Magazines.
- SAFRA Punggol Weekend Fun. Organised by SAFRA Punggol from 2 to 5 June in conjunction with AOH22@Heartlands (Punggol), NSmen and their families can enjoy a series of NS-inspired and wellness activities at the club.
Dates & Venues
The AOH22 Virtual Exhibition will be accessible on the AOH22 website from 16 May to 12 June. The Main Exhibition will be open to public from 28 to 30 May at the F1 Pit Building, and a part of it will move to the heartlands, Punggol from 3 to 5 June; and Bishan from 10 to 12 June.
Entry into the main exhibit at the F1 Pit Building will be staggered via two-hour slots, with up to 6,000 ticket holders allowed in each slot while entry to the heartland exhibits will be capped at 400 per one-hour slot.
How to visit AOH22
Families will have to book tickets to visit AOH22 at the F1 Pit Building and in the heartlands. Ticket allocation will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Booking begins on 16 May at www.go.gov.sg/AOH22
Visitors will have to create an AOH22 account to make the booking and each account can book up to five admission tickets.
More information will be added at a later date.