Garden Rhapsody, the free light and sound show at Gardens by the Bay returns with 2 daily shows from 8 Jan 2021, here's what families can expect at the Garden Rhapsody in 2021!
The popular light and sound show, Garden Rhapsody, at the Gardens by the Bay will be back with 2 daily full shows from 8 Jan 2021.
Closed since April 2020, the show returned in a scaled-down version in September. With the full show, you can expect the choreography of lights dancing to a musical soundtrack, covering the 12 Supertrees in a mesmerising display of lights and sound!
Gardens by the Bay, Garden Rhapsody, Show Timing
From 8 Jan 2021, the 15-minute show will be back, playing at 7.45 pm and 8.45 pm daily. The show is free and happens at the Supertree Grove.
It was previously common to see families with picnics under the Supertrees or at grassy patches around the Supertree Grove to enjoy the show. In 2021, do still consider safe distancing measure when watching the shows.
You don't even have to rush down as there will be an exciting line-up of 10 shows in 2021, each with its own musical soundtrack and choroegraphy of lights.
10 Shows Planned in 2021
A total of 10 shows have been planned for 2021, including the Garden Waltz which will take place in the month of January.
Waltz your evening away in this uplifting compilation of waltz tunes at the Supertree Grove and let the music and lights transport you to a mythical enchanted forest.Garden Waltz: 8 Jan - 9 Feb
- Dance along with the Supertrees as they present a run of famous uplifting waltz tunes from great composers like Frédéric Chopin's "Grande Valse Brilliante", Johann Strauss Junior's "On the Beautiful Blue Danube", and Emile Waldteufel's "Skaters' Waltz".
- Look out for local artists Alemay Fernandez, Dawn Ho, Leandra Lane, and Lou Peixin’s rendition of《夜来香》,《甜蜜蜜》, ’Bengawan Solo’, ‘Dayung Sampan’, ‘Sukiyaki’, and ‘Singapura, Oh Singapura’!
- Enjoy an evening of romance under the stars and magical trees. Let the Supertrees take you through the golden age of the music of Opera - the Romantic era, while you swoon to the dreamy lights at Opera In The Gardens.
- Join us and discover an enchanted tree that will take you on an adventure filled with magical beings and mystical beasts.
- This whimsical edition of Garden Rhapsody features special renditions of songs from movies like The Little Mermaid and Pinocchio, by local artists Benjamin and Narelle Kheng of The Sam Willows as well as Caitanya Tan.
- Join us as we showcase our local talents with a National Day edition of the Garden Rhapsody - Songs of Singapore. Featuring spectacular lights designed to covers of well-loved Singapore songs that are specially created and performed by local musicians.
- Immerse yourself in a breathtaking concoction of dancing lights from the Supertrees and evocative soundtracks beneath the gentle glow of the moon.
- Let the magic of the Garden Rhapsody transport you to a 1970s disco hall and be bedazzled by the Supertrees' array of multi-coloured disco lights and disco hits. Revel in a night of Retro Fever.
- Immerse in tunes from popular musical numbers like The Phantom Of The Opera, Les Miserables and Chicago, including local artists’ rendition of favourites like ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ and ‘Don’t Cry For Me Argentina’, as the spectacular Supertrees illuminate the night sky!
- Immerse yourself in this season of giving with a musical treat - The Christmas Special! Soak in the holiday cheer with this jolly edition featuring Supertree lights dancing to favourite Christmas classics and highlights sung by local artists.
For more details on the show, see here.
*Photo Credits: Gardens by the Bay