The full-scale extravaganza will take place on 5 August 2023 with an electrifying lineup of local stars and an inaugural fireworks display!
Gardens by the Bay and Mediacorp National Day Concert 2023
Venue: The Meadow, Gardens By The Bay
Date: 5 Aug 2023
Time: 7.30pm to 9pm
Fee: Free Admission
For the first time in four years, the Gardens by the Bay and Mediacorp National Day Concert returns to a full-scale extravaganza on 5 August 2023 at The Meadow, the Gardens’ largest event venue. Occupying a space of 22,000 square metres, the size of about three football fields, this free concert aims to bring different communities together to celebrate Singapore’s 58th birthday with mesmerising performances by multicultural local talents. Into its fifth edition, this concert will also feature an inaugural fireworks display that will illuminate the night sky at Gardens by the Bay in a myriad of colours. In addition, there will be pre-concert activities such as a carnival and mini performances. Here's taking a closer look at what you and your family can look forward to:
Star-Studded Lineup Of Performers
Hosted by all-rounded artiste Vernetta Lopez and Pesta Perdana 2023’s “Best Host - Info-Ed” winner Fauzie Laily, this year’s celebration promises to captivate audiences with a dazzling lineup of beloved homegrown personalities!
Well-loved local gem Kit Chan will headline the concert and serenade audiences with the nation’s all-time favourite National Day tune Home, a performance made more meaningful given the 25th anniversary of the song this year.
Fauzie Laily & Umar Sirhan
Fauzie will also display his versatility by pairing up with up-and-coming singer-songwriter Umar Sirhan to put up a specially curated mash up of chart-topping pop tracks.
In a rare appearance, singer Mavis Hee will present stirring ballads including the classic Moon River and 城里的月光 (Moonlight in the City), theme song for the 1996 Chinese drama 豆腐街 (Tofu Street).
The multi-talented Suthasini Rajendran will showcase her electrifying viral Tamil National Day song Nam Singapore live.
Ayden Sng, Fadli Kamsani, Jaynesh Isuran & many more!
Audiences will also enjoy a multi-cultural performance featuring traditional musical instruments like the erhu, guzheng, kompang and tabla by Mediacorp artistes including Ayden Sng, Fadli Kamsani and Jaynesh Isuran among others.
插班生 The Freshman
Be treated with top-notch stage acts like the catchy Singapore-themed track Call Me (Not Maybe) from local Mandopop duo 插班生 The Freshman.
Enjoy jazzy tunes from award-winning Joanna Dong as she delivers a captivating medley of familiar and popular Chinese numbers including 天黑黑 (Stormy Skies).
Joanna Dong & Juara Mic Junior S2
In a series of fresh collaborations, Joanna will also team up with the young stars of Mediacorp’s reality singing competition Juara Mic Junior S2 to rehash the nostalgic tune Semoga Bahagia.
Juara Mic Junior S2 & Volunteers from Team Nila & Gardens by the Bay
Juara Mic Junior S2 will subsequently be joined by volunteers from Team Nila and Gardens by the Bay in an energetic flash mob, grooving to the catchy tune of I Feel Like Dancing.
Voices of Singapore
Inclusive choir Voices of Singapore will also be treating audiences to an exclusive performance of Our Story, an uplifting original song that celebrates unity in diversity.
Vocaluptuous & MICappella
Photo Credits: Mediacorp
Renowned acapella groups Vocaluptuous and MICappella will join forces in an inaugural collaboration and belt out hit songs from the 1990s and 2000s.
Concert goers looking to start their day early can also head down with their picnic mats and join the pre-event festivities:
- Dads for Life will be hosting a mini hourly competition, where a parent-child duo can collectively attempt a combined highest score to receive a prize. Prizes will be awarded every hour as scores reset.
- Families can also look forward to inflatable playgrounds, a balloon sculptor, a temporary tattoo artist and a bubble zone, courtesy of Families for Life and SAFRA.
- NTUC has lined up an array of activities and freebies, such as:
- Family engagement and giveaways through NTUC Club's community programme eXplorerKid, plus meet and greet sessions with mascots.
- Redemption of house brand items using Linkpoints when conccert-goers shop with NTUC FairPrice’s Scan&Go.
- Photo booth with instant print, a social media photo contest, as well as a sure-win Spin The Wheel game by NTUC Membership.
- Receive a free pre-packed popcorn when you follow Trust Bank Singapore’s Instagram page, while stocks last.
- Concert-goers can sign up for SAFRA's Pet’s Walk programme for free. The walk will begin at the SG50 Lattice next to Bayfront Plaza.
- Distribution of National Day Concert souvenirs, including a Singapore flag and clappers
- Inflatables of well-known Singapore landmarks
- Old school snacks giveaway, including kacang putih
- Free potted plants, grown and propagated from plants in Gardens by the Bay
- Roving acts including juggling, magic, a percussion ensemble and stilt walking
- Sand art, hand and face painting
Free Ice Cream
Concert goers can also look forward to three uniquely Singapore ice cream flavours concocted specially for the event by MasterChef Singapore Season 4 Top 18 contestants! The public will be able to try the ice creams for free onsite, while stocks last, and vote for their favourite flavour.
Early birds can also look forward to appearances by Mediacorp DJs, as well as performances by community partners such as APSN Chaoyang School and Fei Yue Community Services.
For more information, please visit this website.