Try your hand at sailing onboard DBS sailboats, and enjoy amazing views as you sail around the Marina Bay waterfront promenade for 45 minutes – for free!
Location: Marina Bay (The pontoon to board the powerboat (to the sailboat) is at Collyer Quay, near Customs House)
Photo Credit: DBS / Facebook
The DBS Marina Bay Sailing Programme is part of the bank's ongoing and continual commitment to enliven the bay, and to provide more opportunities for everyone to try sailing around the Marina Reservoir.
Set sail on the SB20 (a 4-men crew boat, which is commonly used for racing) and the SM40 (which has an impressive height of about 4 storeys), and experience the view of Singapore's Marina Bay from a different perspective.
Brought into Asia for the first time ever, these sailboats are certainly a wonderful way to enjoy the local city's sights and sounds. The DBS Marina Bay Sailing Programme is open to anyone between 7 to 70 years old!
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and each person may register for up to 4 participants. The actual boat that you will be allocated to will also be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis onsite at the meeting point.
Due to the popularity of the programme, limited slots are available. So do sign up early to avoid disappointment!
To ensure your well-being, the following measures will be in place:
- A maximum of 4 guests (excluding 2 skippers) to be allowed on the sailboat at any time.
- All guests (including staff) should wear a mask properly during the entire programme.
- Access to the facility shall be restricted to staff, assigned skippers and registered participants only.
- Distancing markers has been placed on the pontoon. Everyone is required to practice social safe distancing while at the facility. Failure to comply will result in the SMO escorting the involved out of the facility immediately.
- Anyone who wish to participate in the programme shall have:
- Their body temperature taken; (individuals with temperatures above 38 °C will be denied entry)
- Installed & running of the 'TraceTogether' app;
- Registered (upon entry at main gate) using “Safe Entry” app
- Been issued and serving a Stay Home Notice or Quarantine Notice, or shares a household with someone who has been;
- Have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (unless he/she had completed a 14 day quarantine);
- Someone in their household has tested positive for Covid-19;
- Have been issued and serving the duration of five-day medical leave by a medical practitioner;
- Have a body temperature of 38 degrees celsius and above;
- Displaying flu symptoms (coughing, sneezing, difficulty in breathing);
- Not equipped with or not wearing a mask properly
- All boats shall be disinfected after each session.
- Hand sanitisers will be made available on the powerboats and at the pontoon.
- Lifejackets will be disinfected after each use.
This is in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s guidelines.
Wear comfortable attire, and covered shoes with good soles (as it can get slippery on board the boat).
Things To Bring
Pack along waterproof bags/pouches to store your belongings and phones.
For more details and/or to sign up for a slot, you may visit the DBS Sailing At The Bay website here.