Back by popular demand, Singapore Discovery Centre presents the June edition of Camp 1N which will be running on weekdays from 30 May - 24 June 2022
*Updated (11 Apr 2022): new dates for June 2022 holidays!
Venue: Singapore Discovery Centre
Date: 30 May - 25 Jun 2022
Fees: From $499 for SDC Members and $599 for public (Available on KKday)
The popular camping holiday programme by Singapore Discovery Centre is back for the June 2022 holidays! Choose between two different fun-filled family-friendly experiences and opt for either the ‘Shiok’ Camping Experience (fully air-conditioned indoor setting) or the ‘Chio’ Outdoor Glamping Experience (outdoor camping by the Discovery Lake)!
This experience is suitable for families and children aged 5 years and above.
Camp 1N’s camping package includes 4 key programme highlights by Singapore Discovery Centre that is carefully planned and crafted into a fun-filled itinerary, guaranteed to provide an unforgettable experience.
First, pick up some survival skills during the exclusively curated ‘Army Days’ experience for the adventurous young ones and their parents. Dampers will get to experience or relive days spent in the army which includes basha tent pitching, field cooking and test wits with a special night mission trail. You are encouraged to come with an open mind and a thirst for adventure!
During the 2-day-1-night camp, participants will enjoy admission to Singapore Discovery Centre’s selected signature attractions. Experience an exhilarating thrill and adrenaline rush as surprises await in the Black Lake Laser Battlefield (laser tag arena), and the multi-sensorial Black Lake Facility, which offers the largest 2-storey escape room experience in Singapore! Step into an immersive journey to learn more about the Singapore Story at the Permanent Exhibits Gallery – Through the Lens of Time, enjoy a thrilling 4D simulator ride in the XD Theatre and take a pedal boat tour around the scenic Discovery Lake.
Conclude the night with a mini barbeque experience by the Discovery Lake, the perfect cosy time for families to bond.
Lastly, complete the experience by learning more about sustainability! Campers will get to embark on Singapore Discovery Centre’s Eco-Sustainability Tour and harvest from its urban gardens for a hands-on tea-making session and bring home their very own DIY plant thereafter!
The camp also includes a Welcome Camp Kit, family meals with a selection of choices for dinner and breakfast at Bottle Tree Café Restaurant, other activities, workshops and one complimentary parking coupon per tent.
Below we are sharing our experience and tips from the camp that we attended in Dec 2021. Note that there might be slight difference in the experience.
We had the opportunity to experience the Camp 1N Shiok Camp in Dec 2021. The Shiok Camp is a full air-conditioned experience in a camping tent within the multi-purpose hall while the Chio Camp is an outdoor glamping experience in a very pretty tent facing the Discovery Lake.
Another big difference is that in the Shiok Camp, you will be sleeping on the floor with sleeping bags and a "pretty small" inflatable pillow while at the Chio Camp, you will get to enjoy an inflatable bed. Otherwise the activities are the same for both options.
Without further ado, let us share some key information to take note if you are considering to book the camp.
- Come in suitable outdoor attire. The first day starts with the Army Days Experience where you can choose to put on camo cream, set up a Basha tent, do some field cooking - so nothing too uncomfortable.
- Wear shoes, bring slippers. Shoes are required for the Laser Tag experience and slippers will be useful when you take a shower in the evening too.
- Bring the essential extras. These are the things that we may missed out but are essential - insect repellants, wet wipes, sunblock, extra masks.
- There are charging points within the tents. We can't live without our chargers too.
- Food is provided. There are snacks provided in the tent. Dinner and a simple BBQ is provided on Day 1 and breakfast for Day 2. We recommend the Sheng Mian for dinner on Day 1.
- Lots of free and easy time slots. So you can explore the SDC, including the Permanent Gallery as well as the new Sandbox Museum too. Don't forget to try paddle boating at the Discovery Lake too!
- Wear your wrist tag. It identifies you as a guest of Camp 1N and get to enjoy activities for free! No movies though.
- Laser Tag & Escape Room are scheduled. Probably for crowd control purposes, so don't miss your Laser Tag & Escape Room timeslots. These are really fun for the kids. However, the Escape Room might be scary for the younger ones.
- Night Mission Trail. Definitely take part in this activity where you will explore the SDC at night. The quiz are a little tricky but the kids were all excited in solving them! *Don't say we said this, there are 7 words you need to find in the crossword puzzle.. shhhh.
While we feel that the it is pricey but the experiences that we had was unique and not something from a regular staycation or glamping trip. So we still recommend it for families looking for something different to do this holidays! Do note that Shiok Camps are almost fully booked, so do consider the Chio Tents too - check out the availability on KKday.
The camp will be happening on 30 May till 24 Jun 2022. Check-in is at 2 pm, and check-out at 11.30 am the next day.
Registration and Pricing
Registration for Camp 1N is based on a per tent basis, with a maximum sign-up of 4 persons for the ‘Chio’ Outdoor Glamping Experience and up to 5 persons (2 adults and 3 children or 4 adults) for the ‘Shiok’ Camping Experience. Participants must be at least 5 years old and those below 21 years old will have to be accompanied by an adult (aged 21 and above).
- ‘Shiok’ Camping Experience: $499 for SDC members and $599 for non-members,
- ‘Chio’ Outdoor Glamping Experience: $699 for SDC members and $799 for non-members.
All campers are required to provide documentation/proof of completion for full vaccination for persons aged 12 years and above. Check-in will only be granted with valid proof of full vaccination and check-in via TraceTogether.
The camps are highly sought after with the March and December editions in 2021 sold out in hours. So book your slot now on KKday!