Here's our list of best things to do for families and kids in Singapore this week!
This week's list includes a new interactive Minion exhibition, a nostalgic pop-up cafe, the release of new movies and series, a look at the upcoming mid-autumn festival, and the 10th year anniversary celebrations of an attraction across the border!
Before you scroll down, with the upcoming September school holidays, don't forget to check out our dedicated Sep Holiday Microsite to help you discover more family fun during the school holidays!
Without further ado, let's take a look at this week's list!
1. A Minion’s Perspective Experience
Venue: Resorts World Sentosa Waterfront
Dates: 3 Sep 2022 - 2 Jan 2023, 10 am - 7 pm (daily)
Admission: from $25
The interactive exhibition, A Minion’s Perspective Experience, will land in Singapore for the very first time, at Resorts World Sentosa, from 3 Sep 2022 to 2 Jan 2023.
The exhibition is based on the world’s most successful animated film franchise, Illumination’s Despicable Me and Minions, this international touring exhibition offers fans of all ages an opportunity to immerse themselves into the captivating world of the Minions through 8 thematic zones!
2. Enjoy a Nostalgic Pop-up Experience At The Chin Mee Chin X White Rabbit Pop-up!
Venue: Chin Mee Chin Confectionary, 204 East Coast Rd, Singapore 428903
Date: 26 Aug - 11 Sep 2022
From 26 Aug to 11 Sep 2022, diners can enjoy a limited-time White Rabbit Ice Cream set menu at Chin Mee Chin Confectionery that consists of the café’s famous kaya toast and eggs, a drink of their choice, and a cup of the new White Rabbit ice cream for just $9.50!
The new White Rabbit Ice Cream comes in a 70g cup and is creamier compared to the previous stick version!
You will also get to purchase official White Rabbit merchandise — such as mugs, pillows, umbrellas and canvas bag at Chin Mee Chin too!
3. Disney+ Day Promises Exciting Premiering Content!
Date: 8 Sep 2022
The Disney+ Day lineup will feature anticipated global premieres from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, The Simpsons, and more.
Families can expect exciting content premiering globally including Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Love and Thunder”, the “Frozen” and “Frozen 2” Sing-Alongs, and more! There will also be the release of “Pinocchio,” a new episode of “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law,” “Cars on the Road,” “Growing Up,” and “Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory,” and much much more!
4. Celebrate Mid-Autumn With Festivities and Celebrations Islandwide!
Photo Credits: Gardens by the Bay
Date: 10 Sep 2022
Mid-Autumn Festival falls on 10 Sep 2022, the 15th day of the 8th lunar month and is celebrated as a day of family coming together. If you are looking for family friendly and cultural activities and experiences to enjoy the festival, you may wish to visit the following events happening from this week.
- Celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival at Esplanade - Theatre on the Bay with Moonfest - A Mid-Autumn Celebrations. The annual traditional Chinese arts festival returns with on-site live performances and ticketed workshops. Families can expect to be exposed to and rediscover the intrinsic beauty of traditional Chinese arts.
- Experience the celestial Mid-Autumn Festival at Singapore Discovery Centre where an exciting line-up of festival activities await you. As a key highlight of this year's event, the Singapore Chinese Orchestra will perform familiar favourites such as The Moon Represents My Heart on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival.
- The Chinatown Mid-Autumn Festival makes its long-awaited return after two years with its iconic street light-up, livening up the streets of Chinatown alongside an exciting line-up of activities, including its first-ever Food Fair.
- Based on the theme of Reunion, this year’s Mid-Autumn Festival at the Gardens by the Bay celebrates the fundamental significance of the festival, bringing family and friends together to enjoy the beautiful lantern displays that will light up the Gardens in the evenings.
5. Celebrate The 10th Year Anniversary of LEGOLAND Malaysia
Dates: 26 Aug - 25 Sep 2022
Admission: from RM149 (child), RM189 (adult)
LEGOLAND Malaysia kicks off a month-long 10th anniversary celebration where families can experience new activities and shows - and even prizes to be won!
At the entrance of the theme park, families will be welcomed by a 12-foot tall LEGO Anniversary Cake made of more than 90,000 EGO DUPLO Bricks! Families can also spend a min. of RM99 and stand a chance to win a prize worth up to RM50,000 at the LEGOLAND Malaysia Lucky Wheel!
If you are thinking of heading to LEGOLAND Malaysia, this September holiday might be the right time - and you will also get to enjoy the various activities to celebrate the park's 10th birthday!