LEGOLAND School Challenge 2023 will also expand its region to include students from ASEAN countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
LEGOLAND School Challenge
Photo Credits: LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort
Registration Period: now till 26 May 2023 | Register here
Submission Period: 19 Jun to 7 Jul 2023
Created and organised by LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort, LEGOLAND School Challenge is created based on LEGO’s DNA of learning through play. The Competition hopes to instill a lifelong learning mindset through STEM approach that reinforces teamwork, critical thinking, problem-solving and self-confidence.
- Category 1: 7 to 12 years old
- Category 2: 13 to 17 years old
Open to students from 7 to 12 and 13 to 17 years old in two categories, the Competition aims to unleash their imagination to create worlds of their dreams with LEGO. The theme for this year’s competition is Cities of The Future.
How To Participate
This year’s theme calls for students to imagine and build Cities of The Future. To participate:
1. Students need to form groups of between 5 to 15 students accompanied by at least 1 to 3 teachers and register their teams on the LEGOLAND School Challenge webpage by 26 May 2023, 2359hr (GMT+8).
2. Once the teams are registered, students can start to ideate and build their vision of Cities of The Future.
3. Submission starts 19 June 2023 and ends 7 July 2023, 2359hr. Participating teams need to submit by uploading pictures of their models alongside a photo, video, and written description of their design on LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort’s website.
Submissions will be reviewed by an expert panel from LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort, including a Master LEGO Builder. Only original designs will be accepted. Submissions will be judged based on:
1. Implementation of STEM elements in the design work
2. Congruence to theme and creativity
3. Originality and uniqueness of designs
There will be five winning teams - Grand Prize, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 4th Place, and 5th Place, in each category. Winning entries will be credited and displayed at LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort.
Winning teams will receive:
1. One LEGO Trophy for each winning team
2. One iconic LEGO Set for each winning team
3. Invitation to LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort for Prize Giving Ceremony
4. Exclusive workshop with International LEGO Model Builder for Grand Prize winners only
5. One Day Pass to LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort
6. Certificate of Participation
7. LEGO goodies for all participants
8. Complimentary session in STEM programme
The Award-ceremony is scheduled to happen in August 2023.