If you are looking for a meaningful activity to engage in with your friends and family, consider embarking on the HCA Vertical Challenge 2021 together!
Photo Credit: HCA Hospice Care / Facebook
- Outdoor: Bukit Timah Hill (164m), Mount Faber (106m) and Fort Canning Hill (48m)
- Indoor: Staircases
Date: 10 Oct to 12 Dec 2021
Time: Any time at your convenience
Fee: Registration is free but participants are encouraged to raise funds for HCA
Recommended Age: Suitable for all ages
The virtual nature of the HCA Vertical Challenge 2021 means that everyone can clock vertical gains, anywhere, anytime, with the same goal in mind. Help HCA Hospice Care raise funds to support its cause!
How To Participate
1. Sign Up
Participants may sign up either as an individual or as a team.
Decide on an elevation target to be completed:
- 100m: 36 Floors / 2x Fort Canning Hill
- 300m: 107 Floors / 2x Bukit Timah Hill
- 600m: 214 Floors / 6x Mount Faber
- 900m: 321 Floors / 6x Bukit Timah Hill
- Open Category: Self-Set Target
2. Raise Funds
Be creative in raising donations. Participants are encouraged to raise a minimum sum of $300, which will fund one home visit to a terminally ill patient.
3. Start Your Challenge
Upon registration, participants may complete their challenge at their own time and pace. They may also clock their chosen vertical gain over multiple attempts.
Teams are to achieve their chosen vertical gain collectively (teams have the flexibility on how to split the distance among members).
Remember to take a photo, post on your social media, and hashtag #StepUpForHCA.
4. Submit Proof Via Online Portal
Upon completing the challenge, participants are to:
- Submit/fill the declaration form on the event website, as well as
- Indicate completion date, vertical distance covered, and a photo of them in action by 12 Dec 2021, 11.59pm
5. Stand A Chance To Win Attractive Prizes!
Announcement of award winners will be made in December 2021 via e-mail and Facebook.
- Prizes For Award Winners*
- Top Fundraiser Award: Individual or Team with the highest amount of funds raised
- Best Supporter Award: Individual or Team with the highest number of donors
- Outstanding CSR Award: Organisation which fields the most participants
- Top Act Award: Most interesting photo submitted
- Outstanding Influencer Award: Social media post with the most “likes” (posts must be set to public and include the #StepUpforHCA hashtag)
- Step Up Champion Award: Top 3 Individuals with the greatest vertical distance completed (screenshot proof of elevation gained must be submitted)
*All prizes have been generously sponsored by Mayer Marketing, Singapore Pools, Skechers Singapore Pte Ltd and The Peranakan Singapore.
Kindly note that results are final once submission is received and re-submissions will not be entertained.
Upon registration, participants will receive a reusable face mask and a Skechers discount voucher worth $60 by mail (while stocks last).
Photo Credits: HCA Hospice Care (unless otherwise stated)
Finisher pack will only be awarded to participants who have raised the minimum fundraising amount (Individuals = $300 / Teams = $300 X no. of members). Limited to the first 150 participants only.
Finisher Pack includes:
- Finisher T-shirt
- One box of kuehs worth $15 from The Peranakan
- Mayer-sponsored USB fan worth $19.90
Terms & Conditions
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter any event information.
- Reasonable efforts will be taken by the Organiser to notify any changes to all participants through HCA Vertical Challenge 2021 website and/or Facebook page, and other communication channels such as SMS and/or email.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the award categories at its discretion and the Organiser’s decision of the award winner is final.
- All monetary donations will receive 2.5 times tax exemption.