With the new “Borrow-n-Deliver” service, you can now browse and select titles online, and receive the titles within about a week of your order.
From 12 June 2023, find your choice reads online and have them delivered right to your doorstep via the National Library Board’s new “Borrow-n-Deliver” initiative. For a fee of $8 (before GST), patrons can select up to four library items, including books, magazines, and audio-visual materials, which are available and currently not on loan, via NLB’s eCatalogue, and have them delivered to their homes island-wide.
The new “Borrow-n-Deliver” service is a pilot initiative that aims to make it even more convenient for patrons. It builds on the paid subscription service for young children known as The Little Book Box. This is part of NLB’s efforts under LAB25 (Libraries & Archives Blueprint 2025) to enable reading and learning anywhere and everywhere.
User Experience Guide on using “Borrow-n-Deliver”
1. Browse NLB’s e-Catalogue to search for item(s) of interest. Once found, click to select the item.
2. Click on the “Borrow-n-Deliver” button.
3. Sign in to your myLibrary account.
4. If the item is available in our system, you may add it to your cart by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button.
Once added, the button will reflect as “Added to Cart”.
5. To view your added items, click on the Cart icon at the top right-hand corner.
6. Return to NLB’s e-Catalogue to select more items. To place an order, select up to 4 items that you wish to receive, and click on the “Check Out” button.
7. Occasionally, NLB may not be able to locate items that have been ordered. Therefore, if your order comprises 3 or 4 items, you will be asked to select one of the following fulfilment types when placing your order:
- Complete Fulfilment*: NLB will deliver your order only if all items can be retrieved; or
- Partial Fulfilment**: NLB will deliver your order if at least 2 items can be retrieved.
*For orders comprising 1 or 2 items, NLB will fulfil the order only if all of the items in your order can be retrieved. You will not be charged if the order cannot be fulfilled.
**For Partial Fulfilment, only one delivery will be made and the full service fee of $8 (before GST) will be charged to your credit or debit card.
8. Proceed to click on the “Place Order” button. At this juncture, you may be prompted to clear any outstanding fees/charges, if any, prior to order placement.
9. Enter your credit or debit card details to authorise the order payment. The service fee is $8 (before GST) and will only be charged upon confirmation that your ordered items are ready to be delivered to you. A flat service fee is charged regardless of the fulfilment type selected.
10. Once your payment authorisation has been successfully completed, you will see an overview of your order on your screen. An e-mail notification will be sent to you to confirm that your order has been successfully placed.
Photo Credits: National Library Board
The “Borrow-n-Deliver” service is available to all patrons. “Borrow-n-Deliver” orders will be delivered islandwide (including Sentosa) from Mondays to Fridays (9am to 6pm) via an external logistics service provider. The items will arrive at their doorsteps within about a week, excluding weekends and Public Holidays. Notifications will be sent at multiple points to keep patrons updated on the status of their order, from its confirmation to its delivery.
Patrons may select from available items (except age-restricted audio-visual materials) across NLB’s network of public libraries. To enjoy the service, patrons need to meet the following criteria:
- be a NLB member
- have no unpaid fees/charges in their membership account
- have not maximised their loan quota allowed under their membership
The year-long pilot initiative will run till the end of May 2024.