The interactive bus tours will bring families from the heartlands to the "Semangat yang Baru: Forging a New Singapore Spirit" exhibition at National Museum of Singapore.
Date: 18 Jun to 29 Oct 2023
Time: AM tour: 10am to 1pm | PM tour: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Fee: $5 per pax
About The Exhibition
Launched on 20 April 2023 as a pilot for the Founders’ Memorial, the "Semangat yang Baru: Forging a New Singapore Spirit" exhibition presents the spirit of courage and dynamism of our founding leaders and people, as they rallied together to build Singapore in the 1950s to 1970s. It features stories that flesh out values and principles (such as multiculturalism, boldness and resilience) that have become foundational to Singapore.
Launch Of Interactive Bus Tours To The Exhibition
Photo Credits: Founders' Memorial, NHB
As part of the exhibition programming, the Memorial will be organising interactive bus tours that will bring families from the heartlands to the exhibition. Role-playing guides will take families on a journey back in time, and share stories about challenges and dilemmas faced by our founding leaders and people during our independence years of the 1950s to 1970s.
Bus Tour Schedule - June to August 2023
- 18 Jun 2023: 10am to 1pm
- Meeting Point: Yishun MRT (Exit C)
- 2 Jul 2023: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Meeting Point: Tampines MRT (Exit B)
- 22 Jul 2023: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Meeting Point: Harbourfront MRT (Exit D)
- 13 Aug 2023: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Dover MRT (Exit A)
- 19 Aug 2023: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Meeting Point: Serangoon MRT (Exit A)
- AM tour: 10am to 10.30am / PM tour: 1.30pm to 2pm
- Pick-up at meeting point.
- During the bus ride to National Museum of Singapore, the guides will commence the opening segment of their performance.
- AM tour: 10.30am to 11.30am / PM tour: 2pm to 3pm
- Interactive guided tour of "Semangat yang Baru: Forging a New Singapore Spirit" exhibition.
- The guides will bring families through the exhibition, and share relevant stories from the perspective of the character they are playing.
- AM tour: 11.30am to 12.30pm / PM tour: 3pm to 4pm
- Free and easy segment.
- Families are encouraged to check out a digital trail launched by the Founders’ Memorial and the National Museum of Singapore in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s birth. The trail spans the "Semangat yang Baru: Forging a New Singapore Spirit" exhibition and the post-war Singapore section of the Singapore History Gallery. Families can redeem a limited-edition reward when they discover all the touchpoints in the trail.
- AM tour: 12.30pm to 1pm / PM tour: 4pm to 4.30pm
- Drop-off at original pick-up point.
Tickets are priced at $5 per pax, and includes the following:
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated MRT station
- Interactive guided tour by role-playing guides
- A limited-edition Founders’ Memorial tote bag filled with snacks
Bookings for tours in English can be made here. To arrange for group bookings for vernacular tours, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.