Come and learn using Design Thinking as a framework to explore with materials to design and build a bridge structure that can span and withstand a minimum given distance and weight. Sign up now!
*10% Early Bird Discount: Book by 29 Oct 2023 with discount code ‘NOVDEC23’.
Limited Spaces available.
Students will be introduced to the Architectural and Structural considerations to design their bridge and they will gain structural understanding on the types of possible loads or forces that could affect a bridge design. Through the process of prototyping and testing their bridge, they will learn from identifying weakest points in their design and how to improve and improvise to make it work.
Workshop Learning Outcome:
• Students will be able to identify the steps and process in Design Thinking.
• Students will be able to demonstrate the steps of Ideation, Prototyping and Testing in the design and building of their bridge in pairs or trios.
• Students will be able to explain the types of possible loads and forces that could affect their bridge design.
• Students will be able to demonstrate team working spirit, taking on different roles to assist with the building of the team’s bridge design.
• Students will be able to identify the weak points in their design during the testing phase and to propose ways to strengthen and improve their design.
Learning from their group model built, students will build a smaller improved version of their bridge design to keep as reference.
DesignTinkers camps are specially curated and led by instructors who are architects, designers and educators with the passion and experience of working with young children to nurture their creative interests. Camps are held in our spacious and conducive classroom for kids to create and explore freely under guidance.
If you do not receive the Redemption Email, please check your Spam or Promotions tab in your email.
We offer 100% refunds for items not yet out for delivery or services not yet rendered, except in exceptional cases.
When refunds are applicable, we will review the request on a case-by-case basis. Do note that refunds will be for the amount paid on the BYKidO platform, and not for any amount paid directly to the merchant.
Once the item has been out for delivery or the service rendered, BYKidO will no longer be able to offer any direct refunds. Instead, refund requests related to amount paid directly to the merchant, or when items have been received or services rendered, will be directed to the respective merchant of the item / service.
For these cases, you may contact the merchant directly or approach us for assistance. While we are not able to do a direct refund, we are committed to resolving any issues between you and our merchants, and will assist you accordingly.
Get rewarded with BYKidO. From earning points to offset future purchases to monetizing your website and social media, we offer a number of ways for mummies and daddies to get rewards and more!